Wednesday, November 11, 2015

TinyLNA Schematic

Next step was to get to fitting the components onto the board outline ASAP to see if I can make it fit.  For that I need a relatively complete schematic.  I can assume 0402 package sizes for passives.  And I want a provision for ESD protection because I'd rather have slightly degraded performance than risk a burnt out MMIC.

I also want a provision to send the DC voltage upstream, but I can't have both that and the ESD protection on the same board.  Since my overall goal is to make a white noise source, I'd like to use that DC power in the generator.  One big concern of mine is oscillation since there is now a positive feedback path from the output of the MMIC back to its input.  I figure I'll just have to test this to see if there's a problem.


Also, I don't mind if other people want to use this same design, so I plan on publishing all the design details here.  I'm not in this for the money or to build a business.  I have a pretty good day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment